Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cloudland Tradition

A couple of weeks ago we met our friends, Eric and Tracy, and their son in the mountains at Cloudland Canyon. It is a Georgia State Park right at the TN border - so a convenient annual meeting spot to reunite with these Nashville friends. It has been a fun and festive yearly tradition for 8 years (minus one for Belgium). It is funny to be there now with kids since we would always joke as newlyweds about bringing our kids one day. In the blink of an eye "one day" turned into today!Griffin and Connor's favorite activity was jumping on the bed. They laughed and laughed until they cried.
I think we all cried they were so hilarious. And thankfully our little monkeys didn't fall off and bump their heads!
Carol gave me the most amazing early Christmas present this year that was a perfect indoor project for our crew. If you remember, I failed multiple years at creating the most ridiculous gingerbread houses. Every year it falls apart. And I swear off making gingerbread houses for good...
Candy Cottage to the rescue!
It is plastic. You just decorate year after year and put in the dishwasher to clean. Brilliant. The surface takes store-bought icing really well and away you go.
I thought it turned out pretty well! If I do say so myself. Everyone lost interest in helping me and focused more on snacking on building materials. But it all came together nicely! Great find Carol!
It was a weekend of smiles, laughter and fun with dear friends. We played many board games and completed lots of puzzles. We played our late night annual Men vs Ladies Trivial Pursuit throwdown. This year Tracy and I won! Woo hoo! Silly Connor!
We packed up knowing the weekend was just too short. Eric and Tracy are friends we were meant to live closer to. They are so easy to be around. The gift of this weekend is one I hope we never lose.

When we got home Kirk lit our Advent wreath for the 2nd Sunday. My husband and daughter were pretty as a picture talking about Christmas and connecting over the candles.

Happy Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment